Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Mom

"What are the things you love and admire most about your mother?"

I don't even know where to start.

My Mom really is my hero. She has so many redeeming qualities that I hope that I have inherited from her. She is such a strong woman. She has been through so many things in her life that would devastate most people and cause them to quit, but my Mom kept going. She raised my sister and I to be ladies and to always strive for success. She taught us respect and high morals.
My Mom gives love in a way that I have never experienced from anyone else. She gives unconditionally and never judges my sister and I; she knows everything and yet she has never judged. She may say she disagrees or wished we had chose differently, but she has never stopped being proud of us. When she went through her divorce she worked three jobs to support our lifestyle and to stay off welfare. She fought for us.
When she met the love of her life, she entered him into ours cautiously and I honestly believe that is why my sister and I love him as much as we do. She understood that time was the only thing that would ever make the bringing together of two different families successful. We were never forced onto each other.
Lastly, my Mom is just so good at being a Mom. So good in fact, that she is also an amazing friend. She never tried to be our friend- it just happened. I hope that someday I can be like that with my children.
I LOVE YOU MOM!

No comments: