Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Describe a childhood Christmas"

Well, I remember that we would always play Christmas Carols and decorate the tree together. My Mom had these figurine villages and people that we would set up around the house; the nativity that was my Grandmother's would get placed under the tree and we would hide Jesus until Christmas morning; there was this really cool thing we got in Disney one year that had all the Disney characters an it was a hanging decoration that would sing Christmas Carols and all the characters would pop out, alternating turns singing the tunes.

I don't remember any one Christmas in particular, but I remember that it was the happiest time in our house growing up. My Dad would be around and my Grandparents would always come over in the afternoons and have dinner together. I remember the smell of coffee, french toast and pine. It doesn't sound like the most appealing combination, but I loved it.

No comments: