Ok, so this is my first post that's not for school and it is kind of weird, not gonna lie. I feel kind of vulnerable in a strange way, but I also find this sort of exhilarating! I've always kept a journal. My Grandfather gave me a jar full of ideas for entries when I was a kid, so I have decided that I will use this blog as place to use them.
And the lucky thought of the day from the jar is...
"How did you like being the oldest, youngest, or middle child? What were the advantages or disadvantages?"
Hmm... this is an interesting question because at different points in my life I have been all three. Long story short, I come from a broken family so I was the youngest for a while and then the oldest, and after my Mom remarried I became the middle kid. BUT truth be told, I have always thought of myself as the oldest kid.
I enjoy being the oldest child, yes, it's not fun being the example for all of the mistakes you make in the learning process, but it is rewarding to watch the payoff. My little sister is my world. I would do anything for her and she is seriously one of the most amazing people I will ever know. She is so much more secure with who she is than I ever was or even possibly know how to be and she is has such a level head on her shoulders. I hate watching her grow up, especially cos she is going to be 18 this summer, after all she is supposed to be my little sister and have ringlets and curls forever BUT I could not be more proud of the woman she is becoming AND I would like to think that it might have a teeny, tiny bit to do with me being a good role model for her; that is truly rewarding.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment