Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sunshine Nursery School

"Tell about your first day of school and any classmates you remember. Who was your teacher?"

Hmm well, honestly I don't remember much about Sunshine Nursery School, but I do remember three of my classmates: Jordan Richards, Marc Beaudoin and Rae-Lynn Cronau.

1.) JRich and Rae are my two closest friends in this world. Jordan was super sweet with her curly brown (hard to believe, I know) hair and a smile that can make anyone feel welcome. Rae and I were destined to be friends. Our Moms knew each other from before they were married, got pregnant around the same time and well... the rest is history.

2.) Marc Beaudoin... wow where to begin? I mean by our relationship today, you would have no idea that we were ever as close as we used to be. I spent more time at that boys house as a kid. I remember playing in his 'no-girls allowed' treehouse; him playing with GI Joes and me trying to convince him that they needed to marry my barbies; fighting over who gets to keep the turtle- the one who found it or the one who's property it was found. Fun times and many great memories.

Oh and SNS, as we called it, was great for giving me my start in my love of performing. I got to be Jill in our Jack and Jill skit and acting and singing has been a passion of mine ever since. I also remember the kitchenette set that made me realize I could never be a housewife...I hate the whole domestic woman thing. Oh and the mini-rugs we all had to use for 'nap time', which I never participated in; think the annoying child that makes it near impossible for every other kid to sleep...that was me. Oooh and I cried...EVERYTIME my Mom would leave...I was such a Momma's girl...still am! Love it

Wow, this is the most scatter-brained post to date, but I guess it's appropriate for a post that requires recalling memories that I didn't even think I could remember to begin with.

No comments: