Monday, July 13, 2009

I Am Not Your Doormat

So sorry I haven't blogged in a while! I have been so busy at camp and forgot all about this for a while, not to mention that I had to get the screen on my laptop replaced! ugh what a rough couple months.

Ok, so first of all, I would like to say that when I make mistakes, I am the first one to own up to them. I am not perfect and I think anyone who claims perfection is only deceiving themselves. I screw up on a pretty regular basis, but I am a firm believer that if we never fail, then we never appreciate our success. So, I will admit I made a really poor decision this weekend while visiting friends in the city. I chose the wrong friend and let them down. I let myself down too. I think that sometimes you take advantage of friendships and don't realize how much they mean to you until you jeopardize them. I have not often been in this situation; I would like to believe that I rarely make the decision that makes me feel awful.

I am sorry.

As for the person I chose. I am upset. I feel let down and deceived. I feel like they play both sides and somehow never end up having to own up to their role in conflicts and as far as I am concerned with friends like that I certainly will never need enemies. This is why I have lost respect for this person in so many ways. To lie to my face and then put all the blame on me... honestly I do not feel you are worth the confrontation which is why I will not confront you about it, but if you ever try to BS me again I can promise to call you out on it.

People often confuse my kindness for a weakness. I would like to consider it my strength; I try to see the best in everyone and forgive very easily. However, I do not forget and refuse to be your doormat. This was not the first time and I'm sure that if I allow it, it will not be your last time either. That is why you lost my trust and once lost it is hard to gain back.

No comments: