Today in the New York Times, I was drawn to an article about Lowell, MA. Not only because I am a New England girl, something according article, Betty Davis and I both share(d) a passion for, but also because I am a huge fan of Jack Kerouac.
The article speaks about some of the historic people who have been born, raised, and/or lived there, and how the city is now using these people to bring back spunk to the once-dying town. The city had been known for its lack of economy and "long-closed textile mills", but it is now trying to emphasize its "famous offspring".
The nut graf of this article is actually found in to paragraphs, the 2nd and 3rd. The nut peg however, is not found until the very end of the article, in the last sentence.
I found Kate Zezima (author of the article) to be very entertaining and able to catch her reader's attention using not only these technique, but also by throwing the name of a well known author into her title, drawing any reader in who is familiar with Jack Kerouac.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment