Monday, September 22, 2008

Buyers and Roadblocks

In the Sunday Real Estate section, I read an article on buyers of real estate and the roadblocks they are facing. I missed the part of class in which the scale of 1 to 5 was based on which number was the best or worst, so instead I am simply going to talk about the article and the value of the news within it.

According to Timeliness, I would say this article applies because it was within the last 24 hours. Also, the news is Current because of the investor market and problems with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The issues buyers are facing will be and are effected by these issues.
The Impact on People is vast and the Proximity of these events are being felt by everyone. These are not events that effect only city dwellers, but country homesteads all around the country, rural and urban areas alike.
The events occurring within the market are Unique in the way many people never thought they would experience the collapse of a system which has boomed throughout the years.

Based on the evidence I gathered within the article I would say the news is extremely valuable, not only to current buyers, but future buyers as well. The market does not seem to be getting any better, any time soon.

No comments: